18 May, 2012

I can't see clearly now...


I am getting pretty antsy about getting stuff done on the shedhouse.

We had set ourselves a goal of being ‘in’ weather tight by ANZAC day, but that didn’t happen.

Just like on Grand Designs, things get in the way.  Not least of all the bloody windows.

I could never figure out for the life of me what took so long about windows when I watched Grand Designs.  And then we started living the great window debacle of 2012.

It is pretty simple, we want 6.5m glass stacking sliding doors, what are 2.4m high.  This goes right across the front section of the shed house and gives us access to our deck, which represents 25% of our total floor space.

I thought it was all sorted, go to window shop, select colour and style, get quote, order windows.  But now I see I was labouring under the impression that customer service and making money were two things these companies wanted to do.

I now see, it is not.

The bloke in the first shop was pretty off hand, and pretty smarmy, and was putting pressure on us to send through the money before he could guarantee delivery to KTown.  It was the end of the month, and he was on commission, so I wasn’t too keen on giving him $4k and hoping it would arrive.  And good thing we didn’t.

The FB organised quotes from the competitors and has come back with a saving of abou $1700 (but without delivery) for the exact thing we want.  So – result!

But many phone calls later and NO JOY.  No one wants to speak to us about ordering the doors.  Therefore we have no doors.  And no doors means no finishing off the floor or putting in the walls.  We don't even know when the doors will be to us. 

It does mean putting up the guttering:


Guttered!





And doing the washing:



That's my mountain in the background!






How MacGuyver hangs his washing
 But it will be worth it.

It will won't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment